A friend of mine shared this amazingly delicious recipe with me several months ago and I’ve already made it half a dozen times. A healthy chocolate dessert does exist! Eat as many of these coca balls as you want without feeling guilty. I even let my little girl munch away at these whenever she wants because they’re sugar-free. This year I made these cocoa balls for a sisters cookie exchange we do every Christmas.
1 Cup Raw Almonds
1 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews
2/3 Cup Raw Cocoa Powder
1 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
~20 Dates, pitted
Extra Shredded Coconut
1. Spin the almonds and cashews in a food processor until fairly powdery.
2. Melt the coconut oil and pit the dates.
3. Add the coconut oil, dates, and remaining ingredients to the food processor.
4. Spin everything until it’s very well combined and will easily form a ball.
5. Roll into tbsp sized balls. Toss the balls in the extra shredded coconut. Store the cocoa balls in the fridge or the freezer.